Department of Civil & Mechanical Engineering Tech. &
Ph.D. in Applied Physics (Radiation Science and Accelerator
Applications), Idaho State University, 2012.
Assistant Professor, Nuclear Engineering Program, South Carolina State University,
Postdoc, Nuclear Engineering Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 2012-2015.
Staff, Graduate School of University of Science and Technology of China, 1998-2002.
American Nuclear Society
American Physical Society
Health Physics Society
Society for Archaeological Sciences
Z.J. Sun, “A New Equation for Activity Calculation in Pulse Irradiation: Derivation, Simulation, and Experimental Validation.” Nuclear Sciences and Techniques, 29: 155, 2018, doi:10.1007/s41365-018-0492-z.
Z.J. Sun, A., Duncan, Y., Kim, and K. Zeigler, “Applying Temporal Data Mining (TDM) on the Baseline Data Acquired by the In-Situ Decommissioning (ISD) Sensor Network Test Bed”. WM Symposia: Nuclear and Industrial Robotics, Remote Systems and Other Emerging Technologies, Phoenix, AZ, March 18-22, 2018.
Z.J. Sun, M. Danjiaji and Y. Kim, “N Values Estimation Based on Photon Flux Simulation with Geant4 Toolkit.” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 136 (2018) 127132 doi:10.1016/j.apradiso.2018.02.017.
Z.J. Sun, K. Okafor, and S. Isa, "Determination of Elemental Concentrations with Different Reaction Channels in Photon Activation." Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 127:173-178, 2017, doi:10.1016/j.apradiso.2017.06.012.
Z.J. Sun, F. Martin, Q.S. Cai and S. Lassell, "Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis (INAA) of Nok Sculptures in I. P. Stanback Museum." Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 313:85-92, 2017, doi:10.1007/s10967-017-5297-8.
Sun, Z.J., Wells, D., Segebade, C., Quigley K. and Chemerisov, S. , “A Comparison of Various Procedures in Photon Activation Analysis (PAA) with the Same Irradiation Setup.” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B, 339:53-57 (2014), doi:10.1016/j.nimb.2014.08.021.
Sun, Z.J., Wells, D., Segebade C. and Chemerisov, S., “A Study of Quasi-absolute Method in Photon Activation Analysis.” Nuclear Science and Techniques, 25, 050201 (2014).doi:10.13538/j.1001-8042/nst.25.050201.
Z.J. Sun, K. Wardle, K. Quigley, R. Gromov, A. J. Youker , V. Makarashvili, J. Bailey, D. Stepinski, S. Chemerisov and G. F. Vandegrift, “Micro-Bubble Experiments at the Van de Graaff Accelerator.” DOE report, Argonne National Laboratory, September 2014.
Sun, Z.J., Wells, D., Segebade, C., Maschner, H. and Benson, B., “A Provenance Study of Coffee by Photon Activation Analysis.” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 296:293-299, 2013. doi:10.1007/s10967-012-2021-6.
Sun, Z.J., Wells, D., Starovoitova, V. and Segebade, C., “Testing the Quasi-absolute Method in Photon Activation Analysis.” AIP Conference Proceedings, 1525: 412-416. 2013. doi:10.1063/1.4802360.
Sun, Z.J., Wells, D., Segebade and Green, J., “Web-based Spectrum Analysis Software for Photon Activation Analysis.” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 291:287-292, 2012. doi:10.1007/s10967-011-1209-5.
Sun, Z.J., Segebade, C., Wells, D., Maschner, H. and Benson, B., “Determination of Trace Elements in Coffee by Photon Activation Analysis”, AccApp ’11 – Tenth International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Applications of Accelerators, ISBN: 978-0-89448-706-4. pp.73-80, 2011 (peer reviewed).
Sun, Z.J., Wells, D., Segebade, C., and Green, J., “Standardizing Activation Analysis: New Software for Photon Activation Analysis.” AIP Conference Proceedings, 1336: 473-478. 2011. doi:10.1063/1.3586144 (peer reviewed).
• “A Novel Equation for Activity Calculation in Pulse Irradiation.” Nuclear Based Analysis Session, Application of Accelerators in Research and Industry: 25th International Conference, Grapevine, TX, August 14th, 2018.
• “Instrumental Nuclear Activation Analysis (INAA) and Its Applications.” Nuclear Engineering Seminar Series, Department of Nuclear Engineering, University of New Mexico, March 20th, 2018.
• “Nuclear Activation Analysis and Its Applications in Provenance Study.” CAIS Seminar Series, Center for Applied Isotope Studies, University of Georgia, February 7th, 2018.
• “Applying Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis (INAA) on the Study of Nok Sculptures in I. P. Stanback Museum.” ANS-Columbia Seminar Series, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina & American Nuclear Society Columbia South Carolina Section, March 16th, 2017.
• “Mini-SHINE: Fission Production of Mo-99 with Accelerator-driven Subcritical Nuclear Systems.” Physics Colloquium Series, Department of Physics & Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID. August 31st, 2015.
• “Fission Production of Mo-99: Mini-SHINE experiments at Argonne.” Bent Lecture Series, Department of Chemical Engineering & University of Missouri Research Reactor, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO. September 23rd, 2014.
• “Tracing the Origin of Coffee by Photon Activation Analysis (PAA).” Interdisciplinary Archaeology Workshop – Method, Practice, and the Nature of Archaeological Knowledge, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, February 6, 2014.
• “Photon Activation Analysis and the Provenance of Coffee.” Colloquium Series, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, May 10, 2013.